The personal injury lawyers at George Bush Law Firm provide aggressive and effective legal representation for clients seriously injured in motorcycle accidents.
Motorcycle accidents often pose complex factual, legal and financial issues, and liability is often contested because many people tend to believe that motorcycles are dangerous. However, most motorcycle drivers are equally as careful as other drivers they share the road with.
In a motorcycle accident, injuries vary from serious, to catastrophic to fatal. Therefore, a prompt investigation to preserve all evidence and uncover the sources for legal and financial responsibility is vitally important. If you are the victim of personal injury from a motorcycle accident, then contact us at George Bush Law Firm so we can fight for you and help win your claim.
Motorcycle accidents are usually caused by some form of negligence, carelessness or reckless conduct that includes inattentive or distracted drivers who are text messaging, speeding, failing to obey traffic signals or simply failing to yield the right way.
Liability for motorcycle accidents can also arise from less obvious parties. One example includes construction companies where road design or maintenance of traffic may have contributed to the collision. Another potential liable party includes auto companies and certain motorcycle manufacturers since they can be held legally responsible under legal theories such as a product liability claim when the motorcycle accident may have occurred due to an auto manufacturing or design defect.
In these situations, it was not negligence of the driver, but a defectively designed component, part or defective design in a components part or product that may have caused the accident. If so, you might be able to file a personal injury lawsuit against the car, auto or motorcycle manufacturer for a product liability claim, or against the manufacturer of the component part that failed.
If you are the victim of a motorcycle accident you should seek immediate medical care and consider hiring a personal injury lawyer who specializes in motorcycle accidents. However, if you find yourself in the middle of a motorcycle accident, remember these tips that will help you at the scene.
– Remain calm, preserve your motorcycle and move it to a safe location if possible.
– Exchange insurance details, driver’s license number and vehicle registration with the other driver.
– Obtain the names, addresses and phone numbers of as many witnesses that are willing to provide them.
– Seek medical attention. The full trauma of an accident is often not felt for few days, therefore it is important to get medical treatment as soon as possible. after the accident, even if you may believe your injuries to be minor
– Obtain as many pictures and videos of the scene that you can including all vehicles involved.
– Do not give a statement to other driver’s insurance company. You have no obligation to provide any kind of statement to the other driver’s insurance company. You should refuse to make comments of any kind about the accident and should contact a lawyer before making a statement to your own insurance company.
No matter the circumstances for your motorcycle accident claim, at George Bush Law Firm we are prepared to discuss all the details of your personal injury case. Whether you were injured in a motorcycle crash due to someone else’s negligence or a defective vehicle or component, we can help you decide if legal action is right for you. Contact us at George Bush Law and let us help you with your personal injury claim.